What is the difference between WP Hive and WordPress 3.0 Multisite?
I recommend you try WP Hive for yourself, but here is a short list of WP Hive features that differentiate it from Multisite:
– WP Hive is targeted towards a single administrator who manages multiple sites on their own. Multisite is targeted to sites that allow anonymous users to register and set up a new blog.
– WP Hive supports domain, subdomain, and subdirectory sites simultaneously. Multisite requires that you pick one or the other and a special domain mapping plugin is required in in many cases.
– WP Hive supports most standard WordPress plugins. While there has been headway made on this, Multisite still requires ‘MU’ specific plugins in many instances.
– WP Hive installs and uninstalls like a regular plugin and is simple to use. Multisite has a more-complex setup process, more overhead, and configuration.
I Need Support!
Please consider Going Pro before sending me an email requesting support. I will try best to help anyone who is in a critical situation regardless of their subscription status, but I’ve put a lot of effort into developing and supporting this plugin and your monetary support goes a long way to ensure it continues. Remember, a subscription can be cancelled at anytime.
You can also search or post in the forum. I monitor it regularly and will definitely try to answer your questions there.
I want to support the WP Hive Project
Thank You, your help is much appreciated! You can help by:
- Going Pro
- Contributing code
- Providing technical support via the forums
- Writing Documentation
- Spreading the word
There are many opportunities to get involved. Please contact me for more information.
How do I contact you?
You can contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org