Can parked domains have content besides WP?

Home Forums Odds and Ends Can parked domains have content besides WP?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ikailo 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

catlover
    Participant

I am still getting my head around what Hive can do.

If I have example2.com parked on the account of example.com, and it is working fine as a hive member, can example2.com also have OTHER content, such as a store in a folder called /store?

Forgive my ignorance, but it seems that when using CPANEL to park a domain, I lose the ability to do anything ELSE to that domain besides running it as a hive blog.

Is that right?

But now I think this might be different for ADDON domains. These do allow for folders and files to be added to each new hive member??

ikailo
    Participant

I don’t know if Parked domains or Addon domains are treated differently in CPanel, but while it is a little tricky, it is possible to run alternate subdirectory content on sites in the hive.

For instance, on wp-hive.com, I have created a virtual directory (VHOST in Apache) which points to a separate install of BB Press to power the forums. It’s a little more technical, and I really don’t know if CPanel can handle this type of set up.

It all depends on what your needs are, and if you are technical enough to implement it. Theoretically, WordPress / WP Hive can handle anything you throw at it, as long as you are willing to put in some customization and/or have enough control of the server.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.