just upgraded to WP 3.1 – error message help!

Home Forums Troubleshooting and How-To just upgraded to WP 3.1 – error message help!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dlmeckes 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

msohal
    Participant

I have just upgraded to WP 3.10 from 3.05 and have this error message

“Fatal error: Call to a member function suppress_errors() on a non-object in /home/msohal/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-hive/includes/class.wphive.php on line 69”

can someone please help

Mandip

dragnmuse
    Participant

I too got an error when updating WP. Fortunately, I had a copy of the previous version. I ended up having to roll back to WP 3.0.5. It would appear that WP 3.1 and WP-Hive don’t play well together.

If you don’t have a copy of WP 3.0.5, you can get it from wp.org: http://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/

Good luck! I know that my stomach about hit the floor when I wiped out my whole hive. But, rolling back works. Good news is it didn’t mess with the database.

I just wrote over every file with the old one except for the wpconfig file and my wp-content file.

wwday3
    Participant

Same experience here. Except, my issue was with Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_cache_get() in /home/content/*********************/wp-includes/functions.php on line 336

Apparently wp-hive is using (or at least causing execution of) WP functions that have been deprecated. Rolling back to 3.0.5 works fine, but it may mean staying at that release indefinitely.

So, anyone know yet what the future of wp-hive is? Or, has anyone figured out a nice clean way to migrate to WordPress multi-site??

msohal
    Participant

thank you so much – I did this and it worked perfectly.

My heart had skipped a beat

Mandip

hmemcpy
    Participant

Same error after upgrading. I found this post on the WordPress support forum with people having the same problem: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/upgrade-to-31-wp_cache_get-issue

I reverted back to 3.0.5 as well in the meantime. Can’t wait for the fix!

dayer4b
    Participant

I just went through this also. I attempted to roll back to an earlier version but that failed miserably. Fortunately I was able (after several hours of freaking out) to start from scratch, rebuild my sites w/ wp-hive and import the old databases. Looks like I haven’t lost anything!

I really hope somebody picks up development on WP-Hive. I love this plugin! WordPress MU doesn’t seem as simple or usable. I’m going to look into that soon. Right now I’m using WP 3.0 and my plan for the immediate future is DON’T UPGRADE. I don’t like that plan, but that’s all I can do. :(

dlmeckes
    Participant

I exactly followed the fix offered at

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/upgrade-to-31-wp_cache_get-issue

but I got the same line 69 error as I got before. I’m going to try this fix with a different installation.

Meanwhile, I’m not upgrading. I’m not a programmer and I can’t fix something I have come to depend on.

ikailo
    Participant

Can someone please test this version?

http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/wp-hive.0.6.2.zip

Once I get confirmation that it works with 3.1 and 3.0.5, I will tag it as stable.

hmemcpy
    Participant

@ikailo

It works in both! Thank you so much for fixing this, I know you’re not developing the plugin anymore, but it’s an amazing one, much better than anything else that’s available!

Thanks again!

pandf
    Participant

still has the PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function suppress_errors() on a non-object in /wp-content/plugins/wp-hive/includes/class.wphive.php on line 69

dlmeckes
    Participant

sorry to report:

Fatal error: Call to a member function suppress_errors() on a non-object in /my_place/plugins/wp-hive/includes/class.wphive.php on line 69

dlmeckes
    Participant

I looked at this again because I didn’t like the answer. I decided that I would start with one of the hives I had not upgraded and I replaced the old wp-hive plugin with the new. Then I did the WordPress upgrade and… it worked!

It just didn’t work when I upgraded wp-hive after the WordPress upgrade.

I know it’s too much to keep up and I wish I could code, because I rely on this plug-in.

ikailo
    Participant

dl: Try replacing the db.php file in /wp-content/ with the one from the new version of WP Hive: /wp-conten/plugins/wp-hive/db.php.

dlmeckes
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll give that a try and report back.

dlmeckes
    Participant

I had the new version of the db.php. This time, before I attempted the upgrade on one of my hives, I disabled every plugin except wp-hive. The upgrade went fine and I could reactivate my plugins.

Hive does NOT play well with SEO plugins.

Thank you for the update. I’ve come to rely on this plugin.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.