Need help (emergency)

Home Forums Troubleshooting and How-To Need help (emergency)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wwday3 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

wwday3
    Participant

So, I’ve had a hive setup for quite awhile. All of a sudden the top/primary domain in the hive is not doing anything. When I browse to it I just get a blank page or a 500 error. The other hive sites seem to be working just fine, so it appears to just be the parent site.

I need to know how to go about debugging this. Can I switch off wp-hive in one of the child sites and see if that will give me a clue? Will that cause huge problems if I do that? Or is there something else I can try?

wwday3
    Participant

Help?

wwday3
    Participant

Still needing some kind of help…

ikailo
    Participant

My first suggestion is to check .htaccess. Try removing anything that was added by WordPress. If you gain access to the site, then re-save the permalinks for it.

Do you have access to the WP-Admin for the site?

Are the sites subdomains or subdirectories?

wwday3
    Participant

I’ve check and reduced the .htaccess to minimum. No change. When I try to access the site as wp-admin, I still get a blank page. But, the rest of the hive sites are fine.

wwday3
    Participant

Can I turn off plugins manually? (SQL) to see if that’s a possible problem?

ikailo
    Participant

Yes. In the options table, there is a record called “Active Plugins” (or something similar). Just delete what is in the value field. Don’t try editing it – it is serialized data.

That should deactivate all your plugins. Mind you, if db.php and the WP Hive plugin are in place, then the WP Hive plugin will attempt to reactivate immediately.

wwday3
    Participant

So, I tried your trick. It worked great. I found 2 culprits “RSS Optimizer” and “SEO Power”. When either of these were activated – blank screen. I believe it must have to do with the database size since they are active on other, smaller directories with no issues…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.