Need help (emergency)

Home Forums Troubleshooting and How-To Need help (emergency)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wwday3 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #689

    wwday3
    Participant

    So, I’ve had a hive setup for quite awhile. All of a sudden the top/primary domain in the hive is not doing anything. When I browse to it I just get a blank page or a 500 error. The other hive sites seem to be working just fine, so it appears to just be the parent site.

    I need to know how to go about debugging this. Can I switch off wp-hive in one of the child sites and see if that will give me a clue? Will that cause huge problems if I do that? Or is there something else I can try?

    #1524

    wwday3
    Participant

    Help?

    #1525

    wwday3
    Participant

    Still needing some kind of help…

    #1528

    ikailo
    Participant

    My first suggestion is to check .htaccess. Try removing anything that was added by WordPress. If you gain access to the site, then re-save the permalinks for it.

    Do you have access to the WP-Admin for the site?

    Are the sites subdomains or subdirectories?

    #1536

    wwday3
    Participant

    I’ve check and reduced the .htaccess to minimum. No change. When I try to access the site as wp-admin, I still get a blank page. But, the rest of the hive sites are fine.

    #1537

    wwday3
    Participant

    Can I turn off plugins manually? (SQL) to see if that’s a possible problem?

    #1539

    ikailo
    Participant

    Yes. In the options table, there is a record called “Active Plugins” (or something similar). Just delete what is in the value field. Don’t try editing it – it is serialized data.

    That should deactivate all your plugins. Mind you, if db.php and the WP Hive plugin are in place, then the WP Hive plugin will attempt to reactivate immediately.

    #1545

    wwday3
    Participant

    So, I tried your trick. It worked great. I found 2 culprits “RSS Optimizer” and “SEO Power”. When either of these were activated – blank screen. I believe it must have to do with the database size since they are active on other, smaller directories with no issues…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.