SEO / IP Addresses

Home Forums Odds and Ends SEO / IP Addresses

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ikailo 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wogmog
    Participant

I am very interested in making all of my site updates easier but not at the expense of my SEO efforts. I use separate IP addresses with different nameservers for each of my sites. My questions/concerns are:

1.) Does using WP Hive link all of my sites that would be visible to the search engines (via ip, directories, etc.)

2.) I would prefer to use separate databases because many of my sites are already up and running. Is it easy to just have WP Hive handle the plugins and WP updates without touching those databases?

Thanks

ikailo
    Participant

1. I will assume you are using subdomain configuration. Each site is considered to be a separate site, and they do not link to eachother.

2. No, the Hive must share a database. WP Hive works by using different prefixes for each site, within the same database.

wogmog
    Participant

So is there an easy solution to get everything into one database for people that already have existing domains that have their own database?

ikailo
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.