Weird… Redirecting my blog 2 to blog 1

Home Forums Odds and Ends Weird… Redirecting my blog 2 to blog 1

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ikailo 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Whoinu0720
    Participant

Hello,

I installed a WP blog a few weeks ago. I have 2 domains from godaddy.com and I wanted to make 2 separate blogs on each domain, but same content. I did some researches and seemed like WP hive might work for me, so I installed it to my blog 1.

I tried to add sites on WP hive and wasn’t sure if I did it correct, so I deleted both sites that were added to WP hive. When I deleted the blog 1, the whole admin pages crushed… I was getting error messages and couldn’t even log in to my blog dashboard. So, I went back to godaddy FTP and used the snapshot program and restored the blog folder of 2 days ago. Just in case, I deleted the WP hive from my site. And it seemed like everything went back to normal, except for 1 thing…

My websites’ index pages has a link to my each blog. Website 1 is linking to blog 1 and Website 2 is linking to blog 2. After the crush, when I click on the link to blog 2 on website 2, it goes to blog 1. On website 1, the link works fine and goes to blog 1.

No matter what I tried, I can’t figure out how to link correctly. On Dreamweaver, the link is linking to blog 2, but on the web, it goes to blog 1.

So I am thinking WP hive has changed some code of something on my database even though I deleted the program.

On the documentation page, it says when uninstalling, you have to delete wphive config file, etc, but I don’t know where they are…

I am not a computer expert, so if you could give me easily comprehensive answer, I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Whoinu0720
    Participant

Hello,

I tried changing the HTML file directly on the FTP server and it worked. On Dreamweaver, I tried changing the code many times but on the web, it’s not changed. Every other pages works fine with Dreamweaver. Weird…

No I have another problem. After I installed WP hive, both of my blogs, blog 1 and 2, has lots of weird problems. When I had WP hive file in my server, I couldn’t even open those blogs. I tried uninstalling it and I can now open those blogs, but still lots of problems persists. Like, when I tries opening pages other than the main page, it give me error messages.

So I need to know how to completely remove the WP hive from my server and not to even leave any trace of it, if it changed my code somehow.

Like I stated above,

“On the documentation page, it says when uninstalling, you have to delete wphive config file, etc, but I don’t know where they are…”

I removed the whole WP hive folder from my “plugin” folder, but the problem still persists, so I am sure either WP hive changed the code directly on my files or there must be something from WP hive left in my server.

Please let me know how to completely remove WP hive and where I can find those files I need to remove.

Thank you.

ikailo
    Participant

To remove / uninstall WP Hive completely:

– Deactivate the WP Hive plugin

– Delete the file “/wp-content/db.php”

– Delete the plugin folder “/wp-content/plugins/wp-hive/”

– Remove the wphive_config and wphive_hosts tables from the database.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.